Date night — picnic in the park
For the first week of No Spend Month, we spent a total of $13. We’re pretty happy with that! The $13 went toward basics like dish detergent, salt, bananas, and chicken.
The first week:
- We ate leftovers from having family visit us earlier in the week.
- We started eating food from the pantry.
- We combined trips and walked more, so we only used 1/4 tank of gas.
- Doug ate peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. Once he went out to lunch with his friends from work, and he only ordered water! Go Doug!
- We went to the park instead of Starbucks.
- We learned to bring water and snacks with us so we wouldn’t be tempted to stop somewhere.
Both of us remember what it felt like last year to not have enough money at the end of the month, so we’re trying to be really careful now. I have a coupon for a free iced coffee, but I’m saving it for later in case I get desperate.
Jenny and Denise are both doing awesome on their No Spend goals! I know a lot of other people are really being careful with what they spend too. Tell me, what’s something you did this week that you’re proud of? Did you save some money at the grocery store? Did you decide not to buy something after all? Share it!