You’d never know that a toddler
ate played with blueberries in this shirt.
When our white t-shirts start to look a little grungy by midsummer, it’s time to freshen them up. For stains that don’t go away after trying other stain removers, here is what works for practically anything:
- Heat up some water in a big pot on the stove. Make it hot, but not boiling.
- Add 2 scoops of an oxygen base cleaner and a small squirt of liquid dish detergent.
- Put the clothes in the pot and cover it with the lid.
- Turn off the heat and soak for 4-6 hours, or more if needed.
- Wash clothes as usual in the washing machine.
Tip! The generic brand of oxygen cleaner at the dollar store works just as well as Oxi Clean. It’s the same thing.
I like that it doesn’t fade colors (but it wouldn’t hurt to test a small spot first, just to make sure). It can remove the yellow storage stains from vintage linens. It can even help to lighten perspiration stains. I’m not kidding, I tried it.
What’s your go-to stain remover?