I used to think all I needed to do for my vacuum was empty the canister. I kind of forgot there was a filter too. And oh yeah, there were some other things needing attention.
I gave my vacuum a little cleaning and maintenance, and holy moly, I could not believe how powerful it was!
Give your vacuum a power boost with these tips:
1. For heaven’s sake unplug your vacuum first.
2. Check your user’s guide to see where everything is and how to access all of it.
3. Empty the canister or replace the bag.
4. Clean the rotating brush. Cut away any strings that have wrapped around it.
5. Check the belt. Grit and sand stick to the belt, which prevents it from rotating well. Rinse and dry it off, and make sure it doesn’t have any cracks or signs of wear.
6. Look in the hoses to make sure there aren’t any clogs that you can see.
7. Rinse or replace your filter.
8. Wipe the outside of the vacuum with a cloth to make it clean and shiny.