After writing about tools that were good to have at home, it was clear we needed a list of small, useful things too.
Small things I rely on constantly:
1. Tweezers. I used to have the cheap kind, but they got bent out of shape when I aimed them at my husband. Now I have the Tweezermans that last forever!
2. Sharpee permanent markers in black and brown. The brown markers hide scratches in wood furniture. The black markers make the faded edges on black shirt cuffs and collars look new again.
3. Pens. My favorites are black gel pens. It’s what I use for drawing, including all the stick figures here and there on Small Notebook.
4. Scissors. In the bathroom, in the kitchen, in the sewing box, in the office…
5. Tape. Pretty much all of my home decorating projects involve using packaging tape on the back side.
6. Super glue. Lots of things break around here.
7. Safety pins. Keep your clothes in place.
8. Band-aids. Band-aids are essential, no matter if the boo-boos are real or not.
9. Spare keys. Umm, yes.
10. Cell phone. How did I leave the house without one when I was growing up? I have no idea.