It doesn’t feel like Fall yet, but I’m really looking forward to it. A break from the heat, a change in wardrobe, and getting cozy at home. Nesting — not the crazy nesting like before, but comfy nesting.
Here it means:
- Bringing out the winter duvet cover.
- Putting away the beach towels.
- Giving the throw blankets from living room tents during the summer a quick run through the washer.
- Getting out the sweaters.
- Checking to find out which fall clothes still fit.
- And outside, switching to a lower-maintenance fall garden. Goodbye tomato plant. So long overgrown luffa that wasn’t supposed to be in a container garden. Planting a few mums for some color in the flower boxes.
Somehow the idea of getting cozy helps me to enjoy my comfortably messy home, without feeling the need to pick everything up. It’s been really restful.