I am so glad to finally share with you something I’ve been working on the past few months.
It’s my e-book, called Simple Blogging: Less Computer Time, Better Blogging. My desire and plan for this book is to help people learn to grow their blogs while staying balanced in other aspects of life.
This post is supposed to be my sales pitch, but that makes me laugh because that so isn’t me. I’ll just tell you what this book is to me.
I started Small Notebook in 2008 with little clue about what I was getting into. I wasn’t expecting how much time blogging can take. I thought it would just take 20 minutes to write up a post, and then you add a picture and it’s done … but that’s not how it is at all.
Don’t get me wrong, blogging is rewarding and satisfying and fun, but I don’t want to do it at the expense of my family or me.
I love blogging. It delights me to share my thoughts with you, and I am honored that you would spend a small part of your day with me. I enjoy what I do.
I write about living simply, and it didn’t take much time at all to figure out that my new blog was making my life a lot more complicated. I had a little girl to take care of, and I knew I had to learn how to blog simply.
When I hear about other women who are struggling with trying to balance blogging with everything else, I know what they’re going through. I wrote this book because I long to help people be successful at blogging without feeling discouraged and overspent.
I want them to enjoy blogging without feeling like they need to spend so much time on the computer. Most blogging advice leaves you overwhelmed that you’ll never have enough time to do it right. This book is written with awareness that most of us are not full-time bloggers.
Simple Blogging is written for you if:
- You wonder how other people seem to manage a blog, but you’re struggling to find the time to do it all.
- You want to grow your blog, but you’re not sure what else you can do.
- You wonder if you’ll ever make peace with your email inbox again.
- You just want to hear good blogging advice from a friend.
- Or perhaps you don’t have a blog, but you’ve been reading here and you’d like to know what I do behind the scenes.
This book has 17 chapters with topics such as dealing with email guilt, social media is optional, how to stop staring at a blank computer screen, and time management so you don’t stay up until two in the morning. You’ll learn how to improve your blog to better attract readers and focus your blogging efforts in the most effective ways possible.
You will get:
- 143 pages of practical help in a pdf document ready for immediate download.
- Application questions at the end of every chapter to help you use what you’ve read.
- A bonus chapter with smart insights from 7 well-known bloggers: the women of Nesting Place, The Happiness Project, Simple Mom, Inspired to Action, Owlhaven, Made by Rae, and Life…Your Way.
I’m very excited to tell you the price of this book is only $8. I’m hoping that by keeping the price affordable, more people will read it. Will you help me by telling people about it? (The book has an affiliate program you can join, click here to become an affiliate.)
I’m launching the book from a brand new website: SimpleBlogging.net
To peek inside the book, you can read the first ten pages for free.
So that’s my blogging story. I hope it will help others. Thanks for being here and being a part of it. I could not have written it without you.