Carousel

Lane has been asking me all year when can she write a blog post, too. I said she could for her birthday. Lane turns five years old today, and true to my word I’m letting her publish her own blog post today.

A Guest Post by Lane, age 5

I love to ride on the carousel, and I love yogurt. And I even love smoothies.

And I looove to chase butterflies in the spring.

And I love because I get my chart now.

Pretty amazing, isn’t it.

And I love to get my chocolate and buy my chocolate on my own.

And I’m happy because I can write my name, and that’s the end.

I forgot something to say to my blog post:
And I love to wear my shiny shoes. And that’s the end.

Comments

1. Dear Lane,

Happy Birthday! I love your shoes. I enjoyed your post. Have a wonderful day!

2. Barb_in_GA says:

Happy birthday, Lane! I hope you enjoy your birthday as much as I enjoyed your post — and I enjoyed it a LOT!

3. Delightful to meet you Lane – very nice blog post! And I love your red shoes – very smart indeed.
    Carrie´s last post…Thankful For – 401 – 410

4. calliope(Greece) says:

Happy birthday!!
    Looooove your shoes!

5. That’s my precious five year old birthday grand daughter! I hope to take her to the merry-go-round at the mall this morning if we get ready for the party in time

6. I love shiny shoes, too, Lane! Happy Birthday and congratulations on publishing your first post! We look forward to hearing from you again :)

7. Dear Lane,

Your shiny shoes are very amazing — they’re my favorite color! A very happy birthday to you.

Lissa
    Lissa´s last post…Moving Plans- Updated

8. Happy Birthday Lane! I hope you have a wonderful day. You wrote a great post! I love your red shoes too.

9. so sweet!!! Happy birthday Lane!!

xo

10. Happy birthday, Lane!

I happen to love your shoes as well. It also looks like you are doing a fantastic job on your chart!

Jenna
    momofmanyhats.blogspot.com
    Jenna´s last post…New JerseyFinally

11. Happy Birthday, Lane! Enjoy your day!

12. Oh, I love a girl who has something to say and says it! AND I have always admired shiny red shoes worn without apology.
    Marilyn Yocum´s last post…Tickled Pink

13. Georgina says:

Dear Lane,

Thank you for sharing your favourite things with us. I love the carousel and your chart is brilliant! I hope that you have a VERY happy birthday!

Best wishes to you,

Georgina (in England)

14. Happy Birthday Lane! I just love your shiny shoes!
    Kait Palmer´s last post…30-31 Weeks

15. Happy Birthday Lane! I loved reading your post :) Your shiny shoes are so pretty. And I love chocolate too!

God Bless,

Erin

16. Happy Birthday Lane!!

Your post is amazing! I love your chart and your shiny shoes! I have the same pair without the bow and they are my favorite!
    I hope you have a terrific time on your birthday!

Hugs and kisses
    Claire from Greece

17. Sandra Gonzales says:

Dear Lane,

Wow! I really enjoyed your post. Good job!
    Have fun being 5 years old.

PS- I love shiny shoes too.

18. Happy birthday Lane. I loved reading your blog post & I love your shiny shoes. Hope you have a great year.
    Poohkie´s last post…I am a Makeup Coward

19. Oh, I love those shiny shoes too!! And that chart is totally awesome.

20. Dear Lane,

My daughter is turning 5 on July 8th. Last year, we took her to Martha’s Vineyard and she rode the Flying Horses Carousel (the oldest carousel in the world). We have a photograph of her riding the carousel and she looks just as happy as you do in your picture!

Maybe you’ll get a chance to visit the Flying Horses Carousel someday — you and your brother will love it.

Have a super happy birthday!

Love,
    Nihara
    Nihara´s last post…How to Do Something You Really Dont Want to Do

21. Denise C. says:

Happy 5th Birthday Lane! I love your chart, and shiny shoes! Have a wonderful birthday! :)

22. Excellent post!
    Happy birthday, too.

23. I loved Lane’s post. It’s amazing how much she and I have in common.

24. Amy Senecal says:

Happy Birthday, Lane!
    I love to read your Mommy’s blog. She always has such interesting things for me to learn from. But your blog post today was a nice surprise. My husband and I have twelve children, so we enjoy chocolate and carousels and fancy shoes at our house, too. Thank you for sharing your special things with us. I hope you have a very special day. :)

25. happy birthday lane! my oldest turned three today and is wearing her sparkly shoes. it is that kind of day.
    Katherine@YeOldCollegeTry´s last post…Facebook-Free

26. Jennifer B says:

Happy Birthday!

Is that the carousel in the Piazza della Republica in Florence? My daughter very fondly remembers riding that carousel when we were in Florence a few years ago (she was almost 7) – it was one of her highlights of our time in that fair city.

27. Dear Lane:
    You should be so proud of your very first blog post – I enjoyed it very much!
    My favorite parts were when you said you loooved chasing butterflies and that you like to get chocolate and that you love your shiny shoes. I love your shoes too!
    Happy birthday dear girl – 5 is very special.
    Teresa

28. Happy Birthday Little one… I hope five is a fabulous year for you!!! And I love your shiny shoes they are just brilliant!!!

29. Happy Happy birthday Lane!!! Enjoy your day…I hope you get lots of chocolate for your special day (that’s my favorite!)

Your shoes are stunning!!
    Sharon´s last post…What is going on with blogger

30. Karen (Scotland) says:

Dear Lane,
    I love to buy chocolate too. And I love your shiny shoes. Maybe I should buy shiny shoes. They are prettier than my Crocs, that’s for sure.
    Thank you for talking to us.
    Karen (Scotland)

31. Lindsay says:

Happy Birthday Lane! Five is such a great age!

I had some shiny red shoes just like yours when I was your age, they rocked and were great for dancing in!! Hope yours are too!

Hope you had a lovely birthday and well done for keeping up with your chart, so many ticks!!

32. How cute! We have something in common Lane — I have a pair of red shoes too, and I also like smoothies. But I don’t have a tutu like yours. Do you still have it? Happy BIG 5 Birthday!!!

33. Very nice job Lane! You’re a real pro!

34. Happy Birthday Lane! I like all those things as well.

I love to wear my red shoes too!
    Kassie´s last post…Multi-tasking

35. Lane, yogurt and smoothies are the best! And chocolate is even better! I hope you have a wonderful 5th birthday and I look forward to more of your blogs.

36. I love to wear shiny shoes, too! You are such a sweet, sweet girl – beautiful on the inside and out. Happy fifth birthday, Lane!

XOXOXOXOXOXO from your friends in Oklahoma
    Megan at SortaCrunchy´s last post…processing

37. Nadir@stitchsense says:

Heehee! What a sweetie! Happy birthday sweet girl :-)

38. Wow, great post, Lane. My son is 8, and he blogs from school.
    Hope your birthday is wonderful. And great job on your chart, too!

39. She’s ADORABLE! Happy Birthday, Lane!!

40. Happy Birthday Lane! Love your blog post, thanks for sharing!
    Kelly´s last post…Busy Week

41. Happy Birthday Ms. Lane :-) You wrote a lovely post!
    Lindsey´s last post…Afraid To Touch

42. Frances says:

Great post, Lane! You are doing such a good job keeping up with your chart too! Happy Birthday!

43. Emaliza says:

Dear Lane,
    I love chocolate and shiny shoes too. My husband says I have too many shiny shoes. :) But, I don’t think you could every have too many shiny shoes!!
    Birthdays are my FAVORITE days of the year. I love it when it is my birthday or my husband’s, but I found out that the best birthdays of all are your children’s!! I bet your mom feels the same way. I have a little boy who just turned one, but someday I hope I have a little girl that will love shiny shoes too.
    I know another pretty little girl named Lane. She is a little bigger than you, I think she will turn eight this year. It is such a lovely name.
    I hope you have a very, very happy birthday! Enjoy YOUR special day!

44. Dear Lane,
    Happy Birthday! You will be a wonderful blogger some day! I love your shiny shoes :)

45. How precious! So glad to see she has some of her mother’s talent!
    Bernice
    Living the Balanced Life´s last post…Strategies for a holiday weekend

46. Love tshoes, love the post, you go birthday girl!
    Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith´s last post…7 Quick Takes Friday Volume 37

47. Lane,
    We hear about you a lot, but it’s so nice to hear from you. Thanks for putting some sunshine in my day. You share a birthday with my niece. It’s a pretty special day. Happy Birthday!
    jennie´s last post…My City—Salt Lake City

48. Happy Birthday Lane!!!!! Your blog post made me smile–great job! Have a wonderful year being 5!

49. Happy Birthday Lane! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Today is also my mom’s birthday and one of my dearest friend’s birthday.

I love chocolate also. :)

50. Happy Birthday, Lane!!
    Jennifer@ABlogofMyVeryOwn!´s last post…Proverbs 31-26-28

51. Happy Birthday and great job Lane!!! We like a lot of the same things :)
    AndreaSomething´s last post…Still Laughing

52. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a lovely day! I LOVE your shoes! They look like they would make any day a happy one.

53. What a wonderful guest post. You must tell Lane that this is my favorite blog and I read every post but I have chose her blog post to comment on. Happy Birthday to you!

Tambra

54. Well, my goodness! If I had shiny shoes like that, I’d love to wear them, too! Happy Birthday!
    Anne Marie @ Married to the Empire´s last post…Birthday Pendants

55. Happy Birthday Lane!
    If only they made shoes like that in my size…
    Esther (in England)

56. You are adorable, Lane. Have a fun birthday! (I have a 5 year old girl too, and she likes pretty shoes too!)

57. So precious. What a great little birthday gift from mama :)

58. Oh, when my daughter turned seven, I let her write posts for my blog. I love seeing the world through their eyes.

Beautiful pics, and I love the name Lane.
    Amy Sullivan´s last post…Snippity Snip and There Goes Your Hair

59. That is an amazing post! Happy Birthday!

60. dear Lane,
    You wrote a beautiful blog post. Happy Birthday! My daughter is 5 right now and I think she would LOVE to write a blog post for her next birthday, which is in October. And guess what? my daughter has shiny red shoes too and she loves her shoes too!
    Sincerely,
    Margo
    Margo´s last post…What I Did With a Ripped-Up Bedspread

61. Happy Birthday, Lane. Hope it was great! Fantastic job writing your first blog post. Shiny shoes are the best!
    Wendy´s last post…To my dear and patient tomatoes- on the delay of your planting-

62. Happy birthday, Lane! Hope your day was fabulous and full of chocolate and shiny shoes! I love your chart! I think I’ll borrow that idea and make one for my 7 year old. I hope 5 is a great year for you!

63. Shivani says:

Lane, You are blessed and so is your family!. Wish you all the joy in the world and love your first blog post –
    … makes my heart smile :-)

64. This is the best blog ever..well done on your first published on line work. *star*
    Tracy´s last post…Op Shop Only

65. Lane – You did a great job on your post! And you are SO lucky that we don’t live in the same state cause I would totally steal those shoes!
    Brenda´s last post…You Need a Mom Cave

66. Happy belated birthday, sweet girl. Those shoes are fantastic!

67. Therese says:

Lane,

Even though this is a a day late, I wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday! (Sometimes, I think Birthdays should be celebrated for more than one day!)
    Red shoes are the best! I hope that you will write again and share with us the world you see. <3

68. Happy late birthday Lane :)
    I enjoyed reading your very first blog post and finding out about all your favourite things.
    I hope you had a really fun birthday, and that you write for us again soon :)

Liz (Scotland)

69. Happy Birthday Lane! I like your shiny shoes :) and your chart, my daughter your age could use one too!
    Casey´s last post…my creative space

70. Happy Birthday Lane! A fabulous post. My daughter loves that carousel too. http://growfamilygrow.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/thoughts-upon-revisiting-florence/
    Tepary´s last post…Mad Dash AKA Home Study Minus Three Days

71. This is so precious. GREAT JOB LANE!
    {mommy chic} design. style. kids. life.
    Finley´s last post…Asked and answered

72. Ohhh.. I don’t know how I missed this.. Sorry, Rachel but this has to be the sweetest, loveliest post on Small Notebook, EVER!!

Hope you had a lovely Birthday, Lane and so happy to “meet’ you:-)

Hugs!
    Prerna´s last post…30 Fun Craft Sites to Keep Your Toddler and You Busy During the Summer

73. Karin in England says:

What a fantastic post, Lane!! I hope you had a lovely birthday :-)

I love your chart and am going to steal the idea for my nearly-five-year-old boy.

And your shiny shoes are FABULOUS!

74. Dear Lane, I love your shoes. I love yogurt too. I am scared of bugs but I like to see butterflies outside my window. I hope you had a great birthday. I hope next year you get to post again.

75. Happy birthday, Lane! I hope you didn’t wish to be a great writer, because that would have been a waste of a wish–you are already one of the best I know!

I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

76. You are five alive! No more four! I love how much you love. Keep writing, Ms. Lane. You are a lucky girl to have parents who support your love of life. Thank you for sharing your joy.