Have you listened to the Simple Mom podcast? It was my pleasure to be the guest on the latest show.
It’s hosted by Tsh from SimpleMom.net. Tsh and I are friends, but we’ve both had whirlwind years, and we haven’t had much chance to sit down and catch up. This podcast is a personal talk between friends about what’s going on in our lives, and we want you to be the third person at our table.
We’ll be talking about our common interests: living overseas, adjusting to cross-cultural lifestyles and surprises, small-space living, blogging, home renovation, and clothes.
- The story behind my random short-term move to Italy. (6:20)
- We confess about our junk. Can you imagine leaving the country all of a sudden and your friends have to pack up your junk drawers for you? That happened to Tsh. (17:00)
- This summer felt crazy to me, and it was hard to put it into words on the blog, so we talk about it some here. (24:00)
- Why I chose the ugly-duckling house, and our kitchen design plans. (26:50)
- The decorating tip I learned from a reader’s comment that I’m applying in my new house. (31:15)
- Tsh said my house used to look like an old fast-food restaurant. Oh yes she did. Find out which restaurant. (43:15)
- We talk about clothes and developing a personal style. (44:15)
- Do you think I should join Twitter or Facebook? (51:00)
At the end of every podcast Tsh asks the same ten questions, and one is, “Name a historical figure you admire.” For some reason I could only think of one person.
And I knew it wasn’t the right answer to give, but I just couldn’t stop thinking of her, and then I finally came up with a random Founding Father. So when you hear a long, awkward pause at (1:02:15) that’s why. I really love Claire Huxtable.
Thanks for hosting, Tsh!