This recipe makes a triple batch. Chili is great to freeze for later, or you can invite friends over to help you eat it all.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (14-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato paste
- chili seasoning packet (may need 2, depending on size)
- optional: shredded cheddar cheese, corn chips, or crackers
1. In a large skillet cook ground beef, chopped onions, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain fat. Transfer to a big pot.
2. Stir in diced tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, and chili seasoning.
3. Simmer on the stove for at least thirty minutes, but an hour is better. Add salt to taste.
4. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, corn chips, or crackers.